In today’s busy world, some people find it difficult to find the time to prepare meals. Too often things are just thrown together from what ever is available in the refrigerator at the time. This is not always the healthiest, or easiest thing to do. It’s better to get in the habit of prepping food in advance to use throughout the week.
Meal prep doesn’t have to be difficult and is not limited to what’s in the freezer. Things can be prepped in advance and stored in the pantry and refrigerator. Just think of things you already use every week and prepare regularly. Things like cheese slices, veggies and baked goods to start with.
Just set aside some time each week to gather and prep all the things you’ll be using for the days ahead. Taking the time to do it now, will make things incredibly easy when it comes time to prepare meals. Everything will be available and at your fingertips ready to put together and enjoy.
Some of the more popular things that people are using for meal prep include:
- Grated cheeses for quesadillas, salads and tostadas
- Cheese slices for sandwiches, snacks and lunches
- Healthy vegetables that can be used for dipping, snacks, side dishes and to be used for stir fry or salads
- Granola or baked oatmeal for breakfast and snacks or lunch
- Hard boiled eggs for eggs salad to be used in sandwiches or for meals and snacks
- Salad fixings including nuts and berries
- Baked goods for meals, snacks and deserts
- Lunches that are packed and ready to go
Meal prepping ahead of time is a convenient and inexpensive way to eat well and get healthy food at the same time. Once you get good at it, you can even develop lists and make improvements and get creative with your meals.